The Giants are off to a 1-4 start and can’t catch a break.
They enter Sunday with their franchise running back Saquon Barkley and top receiver Kenny Golladay out. There’s also still a chance they are without their QB Daniel Jones, who is dealing with a concussion. They have been unable to keep everyone on the field at the same time. On the positive side, the 2011 Giants championship team will be honored at halftime of Sunday’s game against the Rams.
Our own Lawrence Tynes of the “Blue Rush” podcast will be in the building. On the newest episode of the pod, Paul Schwartz, Lawrence and I preview Sunday’s game, the ceremony and our Blue Rush LIVE! podcast going down right after the game at the Victory Sports Bar at 5pm. Giants left tackle Andrew Thomas also joins us for a fun conversation in the second half of the show.
Blue Rush Podcast with Paul, Lawrence & Jake:
- BLUE RUSH LIVE: Be there 5pm Sunday for Blue Rush LIVE! podcast at the Victory Sports Bar next to MetLife Stadium. Lawrence, Paul, Sarah and I will be there to do a live show in front of YOU the fans and listeners. We will do a meet and greet at 5pm and then start the show at 5:30pm following the Giants-Rams game. Post Sports+ members will get special priority seating and a prize.
- GIANTS-RAMS: Injuries, injuries injuries. Will Daniel Jones play? Should he play? Can the Giants win with Mike Glennon? Can they contain Matt Stafford and the explosive Rams offense? We preview the games and make our picks…and they are not pretty.
Andrew Thomas Interview:
Giants starting left tackle
- INJURY: Foot is getting better and it’s the best he has felt since it happened.
- ROC NATION/JAY-Z: Getting repped by Roc Nation and Jay-Z told him right after the Giants drafted him.
- ISAIAH WILSON: What kind of guy and player is he? How he has looked so far?
- O-LINE: How difficult has it been with different offensive lineman coming in and out with injuries?
- COMPARISONS: Getting compared to the other o-lineman in his draft class and hearing the outside noise on those guys being called better than him.
- MUSIC: He is a drummer and comes from a family of musicians. Had to sing for the team once last year. Probably would be doing something in music if not football.
- GEORGIA: How good is this year’s team? How different and more challenging is the NFL each week compared to college football?
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show drop Mondays and Thursdays.