|1||FC Barcelona||Lionel Messi||$80 Million|
|2||Juventus||Cristiano Ronaldo||$64 Million|
|3||Paris Saint-Germain||Neymar||$105 Million|
|4||Manchester United||Paul Pogba||$33 Million|
|5||Vissel Kobe||Andres Iniesta||$32.5 Million|
- Messi signed a new contract with Barcelona in 2017 that keeps him in the Spanish club through 2021. His exact contract details weren’t released at the time, but he is receiving $80 million.
- After nine years with Real Madrid, Ronaldo signed a four-year deal with Juventus in 2018. His Juventus jersey made over $60 million (€53 million) with 520,000 sales within 24 hours.
- Neymar signed with Paris Saint-Germain in 2017. His transfer from Barcelona was the most expensive in the world at $263 million (€232.5 million). The French club paid that amount in full before his signing.
- Pogba sits at the No. 44 spot on Forbes’ list. He returned to Manchester United in 2016 after four years with Juventus.
After France won the World Cup in 2018, Pogba auctioned off his game-winning cleats for $30,000, which he donated to disadvantaged high schoolers.
- Three years, $30 million annually (€26.5 million) Iniesta spent 22 years with Barcelona, including three as captain, before retiring from the national side and joining Japan’s Vissel Kobe in 2018.